• Ben Banbury

4-Minute Fat Loss

This workout was referred to as "the best fat-loss workout of all time" by legendary strength coach Dan John. Dan's been in the industry for 40 years and trains professional athletes on a daily basis. I think I trust his word... Take a look!

lady in gink top and black trousers

For those that have followed me for a while, you know that I hate fitness gimmicks, fad-diets and most importantly, the influencers who promote them

So for a trainer like myself to post a blog about a 4-minute fat loss workout does sound a bit strange, but let me explain!

I'm currently reading a book called "Never let go" by a famous coach called Dan John

Dan John has been in the industry for 40+ years and helps professional athletes on a daily basis

When he writes that this is the best fat loss routine ever made.. he really means it!

And let me tell you, it's 4 minutes for a reason. If his athletes do 4-minutes, there's no way in hell we're doing 5!

Those of you that follow me will also know that I highly recommend weight training. I'd go as far as to say that 80% of your training should be strength-based and the other 20% some form of cardio

Preferably one that you enjoy the most

So I wouldn't recommend adding this workout to your routine, but instead throwing it into your mix when you want to drop a few pounds

You could even drop your weekly cardio and throw this in for a few weeks to see how your body reacts

Anyway, without further ado

4 Minute Fat Loss Workout

4 minute squat workout

Now whatever you do, please don't confuse simple for easy

That's probably the simplest workout in the world


It will ignite your legs and burn calories like nothing you've ever done before

Start without weight and gradually add a few kgs as you develop

And remember you're aiming for at least 8 squats in 20 seconds, those are so fast squats!

So don't worry about locking out at the top. Just sit back, drive up and stop before your legs can even straighten

And the best of luck to you!

Thanks for reading,