• Ben Banbury

7-Day Meal Plan Example To Get You Leaner & Healthier

Updated: Jul 10, 2021

When you first start getting into fitness, it's hard to know what, how much, and when to eat. So I've put together a weeks worth of meal ideas to help kick-start your new habit!




Okay, so I've put together a weeks worth of healthy meals with alternatives to help you understand what a healthy diet looks like


Just note, that every single one of you reading this will have different daily calorie requirements. So some of the portions may need to be adapted to fit your exact needs


If you're interested in knowing how many calories you need, you can work out your daily calorie needs here (unless you're a client of mine then I've done this for you)


When I built this plan I followed a few rules;


  • There are 3 meals a day

  • Everyday has at least 5 fruit & vegetables

  • Every meal has around 30g of protein

  • Everyday has 2L of water


These foundations result in a consistent source of muscle-recovering protein, a blend of nutrients and an easy-to-follow plan


I follow a diet plan called "Flexible dieting" - In my opinion it's the best nutrition plan in the world. It revolves around eating good, nutritious foods 80% of the time and eating the "naughtier" foods the other 20%


As long as you control the 20% (and don't go completely overboard!) you'll be able to still eat the foods you love and get amazing results!



The Meal Plan


Day 1


Breakfast: 2 x Wheatabix with a sliced banana, blueberries, milk & Greek yogurt

Lunch: 1 x Sliced Cajun chicken breast in a fajita with lettuce, tomatoes, greek yogurt & mint

Dinner: 2 x Chicken sausages with a handful of new potatoes, green beans and sweetcorn

Snacks/Extras: A handful of grapes. Sliced red pepper. 2L of water


Alternatives:

  • Swap the wheatabix for any wholemeal cereal

  • Chicken can be swapped for good ham

  • Chicken sausages can be swapped for lean pork sausages

  • Any fruit & veg can be swapped for any other F&V


Day 2


Breakfast: A fruit smoothie with strawberries, banana, protein powder, milk alternative and a handful of oats

Lunch: Tuna salad with cucumber, tomatoes, tbsp of mayo & crusty bread

Dinner: Spaghetti bolognaise with a side of peas

Snacks/Extras: Apple. Carrot sticks. 2L of water


Alternatives:

  • Smoothie can be swapped for Day 1's breakfast

  • Protein powder can be swapped for Greek yogurt

  • Tuna can be swapped for salmon or any other lean fish

  • Spaghetti bolognaise can be swapped for just the meat and a big salad

  • Any fruit & veg can be swapped for any other F&V


Day 3


Breakfast: 2 x Crumpet with a tsp of peanut butter and jam. Protein shake on the side

Lunch: Leftover bolognaise and avocado

Dinner: 1 x Pork chop with the fat removed. Mashed potato, broccoli and mushroom

Snacks/Extras: 1 x 100 calorie chocolate bar. Grapes. Sliced red pepper. 2L water


Alternatives:

  • Crumpets swapped for normal toast (preferably brown bread)

  • Protein shake for Greek yogurt

  • Bolognaise for chicken, avocado and tomato salad

  • Pork chop for lean lamb chop

  • Fruit & veg can be swapped for any other F&V


Day 4


Breakfast: Fruit smoothie with banana, blueberries, spinach and protein powder

Lunch: Salmon, microwave rice and peas

Dinner: Lean meatballs, pasta and tomato and basil sauce

Snacks/Extras: Cucumber. Pear. Coke zero. 2L of water


Alternatives:

  • Fruit smoothie for any high-fibre cereal and berries

  • Salmon for any other fish

  • Meatballs and pasta for meatballs, mashed potato and green beans

    <